The Cisco 1921 builds on the best-in-class offering of the Cisco 1841 Integrated Services Routers. All Cisco 1900 Series Integrated Services Routers offer embedded hardware encryption acceleration,
optional firewall, intrusion prevention, and advanced security services. In addition, the platforms
support the industry’s widest range of wired and wireless connectivity options such as Serial, T1/E1,
xDSL, Gigabit Ethernet, and third-generation (3G) wireless (Figure 1).
Figure 1. Cisco 1921 Integrated Services Router
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• The Cisco 1921 offers increased levels of services integration with data, security, wireless, and
mobility services, enabling greater efficiencies and cost savings.
Services on demand
• A single Cisco IOS Software Universal image is installed on each ISR G2. The Universal image contains
all of the Cisco IOS Software technology sets that can be activated with a software license, allowing
your business to quickly deploy advanced features without downloading a new Cisco IOS Software
image. Additionally, larger default memory is included to support the new capabilities.
High performance with integrated services
• The Cisco 1900 Series enables deployment in high-speed WAN environments with concurrent services
enabled up to 15 Mbps.
• Designed to address customer business requirements, the Cisco 1921 with the modular architecture
offers a performance range of modular interfaces and services as your network needs grow.
• Modular interfaces offer increased bandwidth, a diversity of connection options, and network
• The Cisco 1921 architecture provides energy-savings features that include the following:
• The Cisco 1900 Series offers intelligent power management and allows you to control power to the
modules based on the time of day. Cisco EnergyWise technology will be supported in the future.
• Services integration and modularity on a single platform performing multiple functions optimizes rawmaterials consumption and energy usage.
• Platform flexibility and ongoing development of both hardware and software capabilities lead to a
longer product lifecycle, lowering all aspects of the TCO, including materials and energy use.
• High-efficiency power supplies are provided with each platform.
• DC Power option available (CISCO1921DC/K9).
• The Cisco 1921 maximizes investment protection:
• Reuse of a broad array of existing modules supported on the original ISRs provides a lower TCO.
• A rich set of Cisco IOS Software features is carried forward from the original ISRs and delivered in the
• This router gives you the flexibility to grow as your business needs evolve.
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS OF CISCO 1921 INTEGRATED SERVICES ROUTER
Services and Slot Density
Embedded hardware-based cryptography acceleration
(IPsec + SSL)
RJ-45 onboard LAN/WAN 10/100/1000 ports 2
EHWIC slots 2
Doublewide EHWIC slots (use of a doublewide EHWIC slot
will consume 2 EHWIC slots)
Cisco Integrated Services Module (ISM) slots 0
Memory (DDR2 DRAM): Default/maximum 512 MB/512 MB
USB flash memory (internal): Default/maximum 256 MB/256 MB
External USB flash-memory slots (Type A) 1
USB console port (mini-Type B) (up to 115.2 kbps) 1
Serial console port (up to 115.2 kbps) 1
Serial auxiliary port (up to 115.2 kbps 1
Integrated power supply AC and DC power-supply models
Power-supply options POE (external) – on AC models
Redundant-power-supply support No
AC input voltage 100-240V ~
AC input frequency 47-63 Hz
AC input current range AC power supply (maximum)
AC input surge current <50A
Typical power (no modules) 25W
Maximum power capacity with AC power supply 60W